About

Monday 8 June 2009

Dual Monitors in Linux with NVIDIA (kubuntu, ubuntu)


Making dual monitors to worik with Linux was what I dealt with today. I was even bribed with a golden star by my professor; if i found a solution to it! And guess what; I go it !! :D

So the solution to it is! ...

Simply go to the terminal.

Make sure you are root mode.

First make sure that the driver is propely installed. Run the command in terminal

$ sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx

Now comming to the configuration; type in the terminal

$ kdesu nvidia-settings

or if kdesu is not supported replace it by "gksudo"

$ gksudo nvidia-settings

This will make the Nvidia X Server Configuration Module load. From there goto

X Server Display Configuration

There select option TwinView in the Configuration Tag.

Click Apply. And you are done!

Don’t forget to click "Save to X Configuration File".

CiaOo...

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, i knew there had to be an easier way than editing xorg.conf, just set a friend up with linux mint and will totally convert him if i can get the 42" sony braviao ccupying the DVI output soon!

    And I'm first too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lolZz good for you as well (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This work but the resolution of my second screen is stuck at 1024x768. I have tried forcing this in the xorg.conf but no success. Any hints what could be wrong? Is the problem more likely to be with the Nvidia driver or the xorg.conf

    My laptop is an Dell E6400 with an NVIDIA NVS 160m

    ReplyDelete